Saturday, June 30, 2012

Helping Shelter dogs (with a little help from my shelter dog)

http://www.pedigreefoundation.org/



Pedigree started a campaign a few weeks ago to help provide much needed food to shelters around the country.  For every blog post about the campaign, they will donate a bag of dog food to a shelter in need.

My beloved Sir Winston Piccolo came to me from a shelter, after his owner died and their family didn't want the responsibility of a dog. He was so terrified that he wouldn't come out from his corner and was about to be moved to the euthanize list when he was pulled by Tavia Meares of Middle Tennessee Corgi Rescue and brought to me in Kentucky.  Winston Then:


The first day we brought him home






 And Winston Now:

  Basking in the backyard


 Greeting visitors at our cabin on vacation








He's even enough of a mamma's boy to let me dress him up on occasion:
Being forced to dress as Aramis for halloween as part of the three Corgiteers
 (hey, his Sister had to dress as Porthos, while Dad was Athos)



Every dog deserves to be loved, cherished and occasionally mortified as Sir Winston has.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Winston, I am Sasha, I am visiting from the Pedigree blog hop and I was hoping maybe we could be pals. I was also rescued from a shelter after my family abandoned me, but now I have the best home ever and I am happy all the time. It looks like you are too and you are very handsome.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete